Thank you for participating in the 2021 MPA Solo and Ensemble Contest, to be held in two rounds online this year! The first will be a feedback-only round, with participants receiving feedback from a qualified adjudicator. The second round will be scored, with MPA champions announced during the MPA Championships video on April 24. Videos for round 2 will be shared publicly online.
Note: The round 1 entry period has ended.
Individuals and ensembles who do not belong to an MPA member group are welcome to participate in both rounds of the Virtual Solo and Ensemble Contest. Please note that for the MPA Championships round, non-MPA entries will participate in exhibition; they will receive feedback from adjudicators and have their videos shared. No score/placement will be assigned to non-MPA entries.
- $10 per individual entry or $20 per ensemble entry
Round 2 (feedback, public scores and public videos):
- Register by 11:59 p.m. Friday, April 2.
- Submit your video by 11:59 p.m. Friday, April 9.
Timing parameters: Video submissions may not exceed 10 minutes in length. It is recommended that participants select pieces that do not exceed 6 minutes in length. While there is no minimum length, it is encouraged that pieces be at least 1 minute in length.
- For videos entered into a competitive category, only one wide-angle camera shot with no extra editing/effects will be allowed. Entries that use multiple shots, editing, and/or effects will go into the exhibition category.
- After registering, you will receive a follow-up email with information on how to upload your video to Dropbox. This will be used for judging for both rounds, and if you sign up for round 2, the submitted video will later be published for public viewing.
Judging and competitive results:
- Round 2: Competitive results will be shared during the MPA Championships video on Saturday, April 24. Individual adjudication sheets will be emailed separately once placements are announced.
MPA champions: Social media graphics will be sent to the email address associated with entries for champions in each category.
Public videos: The competitive round of video submissions (round 2) will be shared publicly.
Payment and registration: After paying for registration through PayPal (credit card purchase or PayPal account), using the PayPal button below, please fill out the form.
PLEASE PAY FOR REGISTRATION BEFORE FILLING OUT THE FORM BELOW.
YOU WILL NEED TO PAY THROUGH PAYPAL FIRST THEN INPUT INTO THE APPROPRIATE FIELD IN THE FORM BELOW THE TRANSACTION ID FROM THE PAYMENT RECEIPT THAT PAYPAL EMAILED TO THE PERSON WHO PAID FOR REGISTRATION.